Friday, July 14, 2017

Friday Memes: The Emperor of Mars by Patrick Samphire

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Mars, 1817

I was twenty feet underground, surrounded by glowing blue sandfish crystals, with my head jammed in a beetle-vine warren, when I realized that vine-mining wasn't for me.
Friday 56:
"Parthenia will do no such thing while in my charge," Miss Wilkins said coldly. She was sitting as straight as a rod opposite Putty. "She might have been allowed to run wild while under the care of others, but I am quite a different proposition."
This week I am reading The Emperor of Mars by Patrick Samphire. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description from Amazon:
A missing Martian. A sinister plot. A Napoleonic spy. . . Boundless adventures await in Book 2 of The Secrets of the Dragon Tomb middle grade sci-fi series!

If Edward thought life was going to be easy in Lunae City, he was very, very wrong. The moment he intercepts a thief escaping from Lady Harleston’s town house, he is caught in a terrible scheme that threatens all of Mars. Soon he’s fighting off vicious sea serpents, battling a small army of heavily armored thugs, and trying to unpick an impossible mystery. Edward doesn’t know whom he can trust. Will he make the right choice? Or will his family―and his entire planet―fall victim to the treacherous Emperor of Mars?


5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good one. Thanks for mentioning it, and enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vine-mining? Do they define it? I would hate doing any job underground or under water. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cover! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so fun and you had me with that cover! Both of the books you shared this week are now on my list!

    My Friday 56 from A School For Unusual Girls

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!